Dear Harvard College Students,
We are excited to welcome you back to campus with the Student Involvement Fair, beginning this afternoon, and Crimson Jam, later this evening! Because of these events, today and tonight:
- You will need your HUID to enter Harvard Yard.
- Many dining halls are closed for dinner.
Friday, September 6, 11:00am to 10:00pm
The Yard will be closed except for Harvard ID holders. HUPD and Securitas will staff Thayer Gate, Johnston Gate, Boylston Gate, and Lamont Gate, all of which will remain open for entry.
DINING HALL CLOSURES:
All dining halls will be closed for dinner except Currier and Mather, as a buffet will be served during Crimson Jam.
As you start the semester, please be mindful of the following resources available to you for your personal safety, wellbeing, and convenience:
Harvard University Police Department
617-495-1212 (Emergency Number)
The safety and security of the University is the combined responsibility of the entire community. Safety is a two-way street and the community must take precautions to protect itself.
- Review HUPD safety tips
- Store the HUPD number in your phone
- Look out for one another
HUHS Urgent Care Services
Smith Campus Center, 3rd Floor
8:00am-10:00pm, daily (includes holidays)
- non-routine visits
- urgent medical concerns or symptoms
Nurse Advice Line
617-495-5711 (same line as Urgent Care)
10:00pm-8:00am, daily (includes holidays)
Provides access to a Registered Nurse who can:
- Determine the severity of the issue
- Facilitate appropriate care (e.g. at an emergency room, home care advice, coordinating next-day, in-person visit with HUHS)
- schedule same-day non-routine appointments online
Food Allergies and Intolerances
If you require dietary accommodations because of a documented disability/allergy, please:
Use your Harvard ID to pay for:
- Dining locations (at Harvard and off-campus)
Best wishes for a wonderful fall semester.
Associate Dean of Students